Career Coaching Project
HKICC / HKU CEDARS
Coaches Recruitment Announcement
We are excited to announce that Hong Kong International Coaching Community (HKICC) will collaborate with Centre of Development and Resources for Students (CEDARS) of The University of Hong Kong to launch the second round of the Pro-Bono Career Coaching Project to support the new coaches in developing their profession by enhancing their coaching skills.
We cordially invite our member coaches to be volunteers; help spread coaching to the community and demonstrate the effectiveness of coaching by helping the Campus Students clarify and have confidence in their career planning.
About Centre of Development and Resources for Students (CEDARS) at HKU
The Centre of Development and Resources for Students (CEDARS) provides comprehensive and student-centred resources and outside classroom learning opportunities for student’s development. They help create a congenial environment conducive to student’s studies and overall development.
Starting 2015, CEDARS eagerly support the students with coaching services offered by the member coaches of HKICC, and believe that it will bring them an inspirational experience and effect.
About Benefits to HKICC Coaches
To network coaches to support the campus student participants to set up and clarify their career goals, to unleash their potentials and to reduce their interferences. Our free career coaching service acts as a bonus and catalyst for developing their voluntarism and community participation.
Outline of the 2016 HKICC / HKU Cedars Pro-Bono Career Coaching Project
Promote coaching to campus students of The University of Hong Kong.
Support the participants of the Career Coaching Project through helping them to set up, clarify, and come up with action plans for their career goals.
Year 3 and Year 4 students who want to clarify and have confidence about their career planning.
Coaching Tasting after the Coaching Talk on 26/2/2016 – Provision of one to two 30 minutes face-to-face coaching services to the participants of the Talk.
Provision of one student per coach with 6 one-hour career coaching services in mixed mode, combining face to face and phone coaching to the participants of the Career Coaching Project.
Project Key Timeline:
- Coaching Talk with Coaching Tasting: on 26/2/2016 (Fri) around 6:45pm to 9:00pm in The University of Hong Kong
- Coaching Service in mixed mode: late March to end of June, 2016
- The first coaching session is scheduled to be on March 30 or 31, 2016 around 6:30pm to 8:00pm in HKU Campus for administration such as signing of coaching agreements so please also reserve your time for that.
Coaches Selection Criteria:
Recruitment of around 15 coaches (including Cantonese and English speaking) from HKICC members:
- Fluent Cantonese for Chinese, and English
- Commitment to fulfill all coaching sessions and participation in the meetings scheduled for briefing, sharing and evaluation of the project.
- Priority may be given to those who submit their application forms earlier.
- Priority may also be given to those who are able to attend the Coaching Tasting on 26/2/2016.
- Priority may also be given to those who are able to attend the first coaching session on 30/3/2016 or 31/3/2016.
- Number of coaches matched depending on the number of participants joining this project and
- If coaches application exceeds the number of coaching opportunities available, those not matched will be considered in the next round or other projects in similar nature in the future.
Application Form for Coaches:
Please click the following link and follow the instruction to complete the online form for application (thanks Cindy Hung for implementing the online form): http://goo.gl/forms/fEsXQ5VhTg
Deadline for Application Submission:
6pm of February 15, 2016 (Monday)
Look forward to your participation.
Vice President, Community Coaching